Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Power Walk

Getting down to the final photos for my friend Barbara, aka Allie...The Power Walk? Huh?  The story behind the photo:  Just before our re-enactment group would do a show, Morgan, Wyatt, Virgil and Doc would gather together and say, "Shall we?" and go into their formation of what we would call, the "Power Walk". When they would do this, patrons would stop whatever they were doing and watch them walk by...many with cameras at the ready to capture the moment and would also follow the boys where they would be lead the onlookers straight to the next show.  Even though they would do this all the time, it was always great fun to watch.  I will never forget  the chills I felt when they did this same walk during the 125th Anniversay of the Gunfight at the OK Corral in Tombstone.  I watched as they came down the same street as the original Earps and Doc Holliday, at the exact same time (2:40 PM), when and approximately where the gunfight took place followed by the re-enacted shootout .  I would say that, that moment was the absolute height of the re-enactment group's events-of all time.  Lovely memories, indeed!  Thanks for taking a peek!

Layout Info:  Paper: Graphic 45. Letters: Thickers, American Crafts. Ephemera Stickers: Melissa Francis. Ink: Distress-Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Barn Door, Black Soot. Glue and Glue Dots and Brads: Glossy Accents, and Recollections.

3 comments:

  1. I like the way the photo shows on the large black circle. Perfect layout for this wonderful photo.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stuck on a page and I can't decide how to progress. I think I may borrow your title idea that might be my missing thing. Thanks for sharing your page at pages in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! another magnificent layout! love the pic!!! and your distressing and dimension here is AWESOME....outstanding title work as well!!! lOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete