Friday, February 4, 2011

Steampunk Debutante



Hello and Happy February!  Where is 2011 going, ALREADY?!  I've not posted on here for the past couple of weeks on the count of getting my widsom teeth ripped out of my head! Ouch!  Just had the last two done this past Wednesday, and the previous ones the week before that.  No, I'm not a glutton for punishment, just something I know had to be done for the better of my heart/health!

Okay, enough of the toofy thingy...On to bigger and better things...SCRAPBOOKING!  This is the second layout of my friend, Arlene Terrell of www.widowsweeds.com.  Yes, check her webiste out, you will be amazed!  If you look below you will see the first layout in which she was wearing this very same dress, but you get to see the back of this one in all of it's bustly glory! she does gorgeous work! I had some beautiful flocked paper from DCWV that I thought matched the dress closely, but it was cream and black.  Thank Goodness for Tim Holtz and Ranger Industries!  My Peeled Paint inkpad turned the paper the perfect shade of green to match the dress! 

The first layout I completed  was more cut work and dimension involved, but not enough steampunk, so I made up for that with this layout.  I had started this layout about three weeks ago, and just walked away from it...All I had done was the base cutouts and that's about it.  Am I glad I walked away, cause I actually finished this one today, with fresh ideas in my head-mainly the corset paper!  LOVE IT!  This will be yet another gift for my friend in which I hope she will showcase for her dress making business.  Thanks for looking!

Layout Info:  Paper: Basil Basics, DCWV and Graphic 45-Steampunk Debutante paper line (how fitting!). Ink: Ranger Industries. Brads, Metal frame, game spinners and cog wheels: Tim Holtz.  Glue and pop dots: Recollections.

No comments:

Post a Comment