Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Heartfelt Creation...





On August 31, 2010, a wonderful man that we loved dearly passed away.  You will see him in many of my layouts here on my blog, as he was also an orignal member of our Old West reenactment group.  His name was Daryl Chamberlain.  He played our Virgil Earp, and booyyy was he great!  He had a deep voice just like Sam Elliott did in the movie, Tombstone, along with the same sterness as well!  The night he passed, we received the phone call and rushed down to his home.  What a sight it was to see the boys you see pictured in these layouts literally carrying him out of his home after he had passed.  I will never forget that site for as long as I live.  Before they carried him out, we got to say our goodbyes.  Mine went something like this:  "Virge, I made a promise to do something special for you, and I intend to keep that promise.  Until I see you again in heaven, I love you, Big Brother!"  With that said, I made this memory board for his memorial service.  Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous tribute to your cherished friend! Awesome work!! I found your blog from your introduction @ MCS - It's a great board and Pam, Gabi and the other DT girls are soooooooo sweet and helpful :) Have a great day, off to finish checking out your blog! (Gotta get me one of these!!!!!_ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment about the boys gave me the chills. What a deep observation. Wow. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete